1. To upgrade an existing SearchBlox installation on Windows, follow these steps:
2. Stop the SearchBlox Windows Service.
3. Uninstall the Windows Service by going to the folder and running C:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat\uninstallService.bat as an Administrator.
4. Rename the current installation folder from C:\SearchBloxServer\ to C:\SearchBloxServerOLD\
5. Download the new SearchBlox Server exe file and run it.
6. Once the new version is installed at C:\SearchBloxServer\, copy the following files into the new installation:
7. Install the Windows Service by going to the folder and running C:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat\installService.bat as Administrator
8. To start the service, right click to run the file C:\SearchBloxServer\services\bat\startService.bat as Administrator, or start the service from the Control Panel > Administrative Services > Services panel in Windows.
9. Once the new server service starts up with the license key applied and the same configuration settings in the new version, re-index the collections and test searching.
10. If you have created any XSL stylesheets or custom pages, copy them over from the old installation to the new one into the respective locations.