- Export the config file from Menu -> Admin -> Configuration.
- Back up
/opt/searchblox, and rename the folder
To upgrade an existing SearchBlox installation on Linux, follow these steps:
- Stop the SearchBlox service and back up the folder before performing the upgrade.
- Change the current installation folder name from
Upgrading from 8.x version:
For clean install remove the following files (This is required for the changes made in new changes to reflect in the build)
rm -rf /etc/init.d/searchblox
rm -rf /opt/searchblox_unix64.tar.gz
Upgrading from 9.x to 9.2:
Uninstall the previous version using the command:
yum remove searchblox
- Install the 9.2 version using the instructions
Installing on Linux - Centos, RHEL
Installing on Linux - Ubuntu
- After installing run the following commands to run the SearchBlox service successfully
sudo systemctl daemon-reexec
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
- After you have the new /opt/searchblox folder, copy over the following files:
copy the following folder and then replace the one in the latest build for the collections to reflect synonyms
- Stop and Start SearchBlox
systemctl stop sbelastic
systemctl stop searchblox
systemctl start sbelastic
systemctl start searchblox
- Once the new server service starts up, with the license key applied and the same configuration settings in the new version, re-index the collections and test searching.
- If you have created any XSL stylesheets or custom pages or using custom plugins, copy them over from the old installation to the new one into the respective locations.
To learn about upgrading SearchBlox in Linux read: Upgrading SearchBlox in Linux