Yes you can run SearchBlox using SSL
To run the SearchBlox server for Windows/Linux on the SSL, follow the steps below:
- Shut down SearchBlox if it is currently running.
- Go to the folder C:\SearchBloxServer or /opt/searchblox.
- Run the following command: java -server -jar start.jar --add-to-startd=https.
- Start the SearchBlox server or the SearchBlox service.
- Open your browser and enter the following URL: https://localhost:8443/searchblox/admin/main.jsp
the default port used for https is 8443
- If you need to change the port, provide the following lines
in /opt/searchblox/start.ini for Linux
C:\SearchBlox Server\start.ini for Windows.
Remember to stop the SearchBlox server before you make the SSL or port change. Once you restart, the required change will take effect.
Also please make sure that java environment variable is set inorder to run the commands mentioned in the below section