1. Download and install the SearchBlox Server.
2. Start the SearchBlox Server by finding the file C:\SearchBloxServer\startSearchBlox, then right click and run as administrator to start the application.
3. Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement and log in using the following credentials:
4. Go to the Collections tab and click on Add Collection to create a new collection.
5. Choose whether it is an HTTP or FileSystem-based collection. Assign a unique name and choose the language for this collection. Click Add to finish creating the collection.
6. Click on root Sub-Tab and type in RootURL / Filepath and click OK.
7. Go to the Indexer sub-tab and click the Index button to start indexing.
8. Click on the DashBoard sub-tab under Collections to view the indexing status.
9. Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/search.jsp or http://localhost:8080/searchblox/plugin/index.html to start searching.
Note: To run the SearchBlox Server for Windows as a Windows service:
1.) Go to the C:\SearchBlox Server\services\bat\ folder under the SearchBlox installation.
2.) Right click the installService.bat file and run as Administrator.
3.) Once the service is installed, right click the startService.bat file and run as Administrator.
4.) Once you see that the message the service has started, go to the URL http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp and accept the license agreement to enter the admin console with username and password admin.