- Install Java JDK 11
- After installation please make sure that the environment variable for Java is set. Otherwise, set it manually by providing Java bin path in path variable in Environment settings as below:
Note: If there are other java versions installed in the system, please remove the references from the path variable.
To check please give java -version in command prompt. You should get the response as below
- Please set JAVA_HOME as in the external help link
Please make sure to set JAVA_HOME as a system variable if you want to run Elasticsearch as a service in your system.
- Download the build for Windows.
- Run the installer, then follow the wizard to install the application on your C: drive.
- First Start Elasticsearch by running C:\SearchBloxServer\elasticsearch\bin\elasticsearch.bat manually.
Kindly note that this is mandatory for SearchBlox to run.
- Check whether you are able to access elastic search using link
- Once you start elasticsearch successfully, start running SearchBlox by running the executable C:/SearchBloxServer/StartSearchBlox.exe
It might take a few minutes for SearchBlox to start
- Go to http://localhost:8080/searchblox/admin/main.jsp in your browser, accept the license agreement.
- Give the username as admin
- You will receive a custom password the first time you log in after you accept the license agreement. Use the custom password to log in, then store or change the password for future logins.