Yes. The SQL query for an Oracle database in SearchBlox should follow the Oracle database standard.
- Oracle reserved words cannot be used in the query.
- ";" should not be given at the end of the query
- SQL query with the syntax given below does not work in Oracle.
select *, no as "uid" from sample
- Also, while assigning a column name it is mandatory to give it in quotes as in the query below:
select no as "uid", title as "title" from sample
- The following query works with oracle
select <index field> as “uid”,<varchar field> as "title", <varchar field> as "content" from table
select no as “uid”,fname as "title", address as "content" from table
- Oracle has some reserved words such as "uid". Also, the column names are stored in capital letters.
- Therefore, it is mandatory to specify the assigned name of columns in double-quotes as in the above query.
- Most importantly, do not use a semicolon at the end of the query for Oracle.
To learn about Oracle query syntax for database collection read: Oracle SQL Query Syntax in SearchBlox