- Indexing operation is required to index the relevant documents for search in a collection.
- Indexer activity is controlled from the Index sub-tab in the collection.
- The current status of an indexer for a particular collection is indicated in the index sub-tab.
- Indexing operation starts the indexer for the selected collection. The indexing starts from the root URLs.
- On reindexing i.e., clicking on index again after the initial index operation, all crawled documents will be reindexed. If documents have been deleted from the source website or directory since the first index operation, they will be deleted from the index. New documents will also be indexed.
- Also, indexing is controlled from the Index sub-tab for a collection or through API. The current status of a collection is always indicated on the Collection Dashboard and the Index page.
- Index operation or Manual Index can also be initiated from the Collection Dashboard.